Saturday, December 3, 2011

Day 218 (12/3): "Mom - you're a copycat!"

Well I got called a copycat.  It's not such a bad thing when you see or taste why!  In one of my many new recipes to try on pinterest, I found one that tastes like a chewy thin mint.  Colton was outside playing when I made them so I told him to try one when he came back in and his immediate response was to call me a copycat!  He said they taste just like girl scout cookies.  So no need to pay the outrageous price for that box of girlscout cookies that you can only get one time a year when you can make these pretty cheaply and easily. The recipe was adapted from HoosierHomemade was a good easy base for some yummy cookies. 

CopyCat Thin Mints
1 box devil's food cake mix
1 box Andes mints (approx. 28 mints)
1/2 c. oil
2 eggs.

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Mix cake mix, oil and eggs.
  3. Drop by spoonfull onto a baking sheet.  I use parchment paper so I don't grease my pans.
  4. Bake for 6-9 minutes - do not overbake!
  5. While they are in the oven, start unwrapping your mints and breaking them in 1/2.  Take out the cookies and place 1/2 mint on each cookie while they are still hot.  Let them sit.  This is the difficult part - resist the urge to rest of the Andes mints while  you are waiting.
  6. In about 5 minutes, the mint will be melted.  Take a spoon and smooth out each mint like frosting.
Now you can lick the back of that spoon with the minty frosting that is still stuck to it.  No worries we used a new spoon after each batch of cookies came out of the oven.  These copycatters love Andes Mints!

No comments:

Post a Comment